Roadmap 2022 for TUA Spartacus
Note: Spartacus 4.x is no longer maintained. Please upgrade to the latest version.
Note: Spartacus 4.x was tested with SAP Commerce Cloud versions 1905 to 2205. Spartacus 4.x has not been verified to work with (and is not guaranteed to work with) SAP Commerce Cloud 2211 or later releases.
Last updated April 1, 2022 by Deborah Cholmeley-Jones, Solution Owner, TUA Spartacus
This document describes what what is planned for Spartacus for Q1 2022 and later.
Table of Contents
- Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
- Summary of Tentative Release Dates
- 2023 plans
Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. Any information is subject to change for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This document is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s intentional or gross negligence.
The various documentation links provided point to SAP BTP or Accelerator documentation or third-party external links. These links are included for information purposes only and may not reflect exactly what is implemented in Spartacus.
General Release Information
We usually publish new Spartacus libraries every week. Each release may contain bug fixes, improvements, and new features.
When new features are available for release, normally we will publish a pre-release “next” version of the libraries with the new features, in order to get feedback. When the final, new, minor version is ready, we usually publish a release candidate (RC), with the final new x.y.0 a few days or weeks later.
Some of the links provided in the following lists point to SAP Commerce Telco and Utilities Accelerator documentation, to give an idea of what the feature is about. These links are for context only. While we strive for feature parity, the Spartacus implementation of features may not work exactly as in Accelerator.
Other Release Documentation
- For an overview of what was included in a specific release, see TUA Release Information.
- For information about features published in pre-release libraries, see TUA Pre-Release Information.
If you have technical questions, you can get in touch with us on Stack Overflow.
For non-technical questions and roadmap feedback, you can reach us on our dedicated #help-tua Slack workspace.
Summary of Tentative Release Dates
Current release plans are (dates are tentative):
- 5.0 Spartacus upgrade planned for Q3/Q4 2022 - dependency on Spartacus for Commerce Cloud
- 5.x releases to follow end of 2022
Note: Some features require new OCC REST APIs and/or TM Forum APIs for feature support.
Technical Upgrade to Spartacus 5.0 for all TUA storefronts
Sample data improvements supporting all use case scenarios / improved documentation with talk-track to execute scenarios
With the extra time, the following features are also being considered for 5.0, or soon after in a 5.x release
- Fixed Bundles: Provide the ability for a customer to purchase a fixed Bundled Product Offering
- One-Click Order Placement: Provide the ability for a customer to make a One-Click Order Placement for a service
- One-Click Activation: One-click activation of a service
- One-Click Deactivation: One-click deactivation of a service
- Top-Up Account: Top-up a prepaid account with additional minutes given a low-balance trigger
- Tariff Change - Upgrade: Part of self-care asset management and assurance. For more information, see Assignments to Existing Subscribed Products
- Tariff Change - Upsell: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.. For more information, see Assignments to Existing Subscribed Products
- Tariff Change - Cross-Sell: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.. For more information, see Assignments to Existing Subscribed Products
- Price Alteration Credits: For more information, see Create Product Offerings from Product Specifications View
- Grid pricing on Cart, Checkout, and Order: For more information, see Pricing at Cart and Order Level
- Renew Subscription: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Tariff Change - downgrade: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Tariff Change - regrade / move home: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Prepaid to Postpaid: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Postpaid to Prepaid: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Merge Accounts: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Split Accounts: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Cancel contract: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Terminate contract (move out): Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Place subscription “on hold”: Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- Suspend Subscription (via provider): Part of self-care asset management and assurance.
- B2B Enhanced Roles and Permissions Management
- B2B Self-Care Asset Management and Assurance
Other features related to Spartacus/Accelerator parity and architectural improvements are also in the plans but no timeline yet, stay tuned!