This document describes what what is planned for Spartacus for Q2 2021 and later.
Last updated April 30, 2021 by Bill Marcotte, Senior Product Manager, Spartacus
Table of Contents
- Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
- Release Date Notes
- Planned for Q2 2021
- Future Outlook - Q3/Q4 2021 and Later
Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. Any information is subject to change for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This document is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s intentional or gross negligence. The various documentation links provided point to SAP Commerce Cloud or Accelerator documentation or third-party external links. These links are included for information purposes only and may not reflect exactly what is implemented in Spartacus.
General Release Information
We usually publish new Spartacus libraries every week. Each release may contain bug fixes, improvements, and new features.
When new features are available for release, normally we will publish a pre-release “next” version of the libraries with the new features, in order to get feedback. When the final, new, minor version is ready, we usually publish a release candidate (RC), with the final new x.y.0 a few days or weeks later.
Some of the links provided in the following lists point to SAP Commerce Cloud Accelerator documentation, to give an idea of what the feature is about. These links are for context only. While we strive for feature parity, the Spartacus implementation of features may not work exactly as in Accelerator.
Other Release Documentation
- For an overview of what was included in a specific release, see Release Information.
- For information about features published in pre-release libraries, see Pre-Release Information.
- For information on SAP Commerce Cloud, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Roadmap.
If you have technical questions, you can get in touch with us on Stack Overflow.
For non-technical questions and roadmap feedback, you can reach us on our Slack workspace.
Release Date Notes
- 3.2 released! See Release Information.
As of April 30, current plans are:
- 3.3: Final early May (theme: CPQ integration for configurable products)
- 3.4: Around end of May (theme: Cart API refactoring and improvements)
- 4.0 (new major): End of June (move to new Angular, cleanup of deprecated code, updates to schematics)
- 4.x: Every 6 weeks, new releases with new features end of Q2 and into Q3.
Planned for Q2 2021
- SAP CPQ Integration for Configurable Products
- Bundling and guided-selling scenarios where the bundle in Commerce contains simple (non-configurable) products. The dependencies within this bundle are controlled by the underlying CPQ configurable product
- Single-level configurable products in your Commerce Spartacus storefront where the product model resides in SAP CPQ
- Configuration page with the most commonly used attribute types, especially attributes with values that are linked to a (non-configurable) product. Attribute types with quantity on attribute or attribute value level are supported
- Price summary at the bottom of the configuration page with the base price, the price of the selected options, and the overall total price of the configured product
- Overview page with all user selections accessible at any time during configuration
- Configurable bundles are part of storefront processes such as catalog browsing, product detail page, add to cart, checkout, and order history
- For underlying functionality in detail and for features that are currently not supported, see SAP CPQ Integration for Configurable Products
- Update Angular (planned for new major, 4.0 / Q3 2021)
- SAP Digital Payments Integration - for more information, see the SAP Digital Payments Add-On Integration Module documentation
- Code splitting for cart and checkout (update of existing codebase, published over multiple releases)
- B2B Inventory Display - For more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Import Products to Saved Cart and Export from Cart (*) (from/to files) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Multi-dimensional product support and order grid (requires API update planned for 2105)
- B2B Quick Order - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Re-order
- One app for running B2C and B2B stores
- SAP Entitlement Management Integration - for more information, see the SAP Entitlement Management Integration Module documentation
Future Outlook - Q3/Q4 2021 and Later
The items in this section are planned for the future but do not yet have a specific date.
- Buy online pickup in store - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Commerce Quotes (requires API update planned for 2105) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- Product bundles (requires SAP Commerce Cloud 2011) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- Cart Validation More formal checking of carts before you proceed to checkout, for example, check if a product is still in stock
- Image Zoom on Product Details page (will be released in an incubator library)
- ASM customer list - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- ASM Anonymous Cart Binding (requires API introduced in 2005)
- ASM Search Autocomplete (requires API introduced in 2005)
- ASM Customer 360° (requires API update not yet planned)
- B2B Registration (requires API update planned for 2111)
- B2B Order Form Builder - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- Potential Promotions
- Self-service customer support through the Customer Service Module (requires API update planned for 2105) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- Angular I18N support
- Accessibility Screen Reader support
- Buy it again (add to cart from existing order)
- Social sharing of product information
- Captcha (requires API update not yet planned) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Future Stock (requires API update not yet planned) - for more information, see the SAP Commerce Cloud Documentation
- B2B Account Summary (requires API update not yet planned) for Commerce Org
- Site map
- Extensibility 2.0 - finer-grained extensibility