FSA Spartacus Roadmap
This document describes what is planned for FSA Spartacus for Q3 2021 and later.
Table of Contents
- Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
- Features Planned for Version 3.0 / August 2021
Disclaimer - Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. Any information is subject to change for any reason without notice. The information in this document is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This document is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s intentional or gross negligence. The various documentation links provided point to SAP Commerce Cloud or Accelerator documentation or third-party external links. These links are included for information purposes only and may not reflect exactly what is implemented in Spartacus.
General Release Information
Each release may contain bug fixes, improvements, and new features.
When new features are available for release, we will normally publish a pre-release “next” version of the libraries with new features, in order to get feedback. When the final, new, minor version is ready, we usually publish a release candidate (RC), with the final new x.y.0 a few days or weeks later.
Some of the links provided in the following lists point to SAP Commerce Cloud Financial Services Accelerator documentation, to give an idea of what the feature is about. These links are for context only. While we strive for feature parity, the FSA Spartacus implementation of features may not work exactly as in the Financial Services Accelerator.
Other Release Documentation
- For an overview of what was included in a specific release, see Release Information.
- For information on SAP Commerce Cloud Financial Services Accelerator, see the FSA documentation on SAP Help Portal.
If you have technical questions, you can get in touch with us on Stack Overflow.
For non-technical questions and roadmap feedback, you can reach us on our #help-fsa channel of Slack workspace.
Features Planned for Version 3.0 / August 2021
- Group Policy - Opportunity for the insurance companies to offer a B2B2C portal to their group insurance customers and their employees. Through this portal, the B2B companies can manage their employees, create and maintain groups as well as assign employees and plans to these groups. B2B administrators can do this directly on the portal in the My Groups area.
- SAP Digital Payment Addon Integration - This integration offers secure, end-to-end processing of digital payments.
- Document Accessibility - Customers can see all their received and uploaded documents at one glance on the My Documents page in the My Account area.
- Claims Details Page - Enablement of customers to see more details about their claims. Besides general information, details about payments, persons involved and associated documents are made available.
- Enablement of Coupons and Discounts - Possibility to apply coupons during the quotation process and to obtain a discount on the policy premium.
- Address Management - Customers can manage their address at a central place in the My Account area. This address is then consistently used in quotation and application processes.
- Product Discovery Enhancement - Customers are guided through a structured process to identify the best suitable product for their needs.
- Integration of Live Contract by SyncPilot - Financial services products can be complex and require advisory of an agent. Now, customers can at any time engage with an agent and seamlessly move from a self-service into a collaborate journey.