The SAP Cloud SDK is a versatile set of libraries and tools for developers to build cloud-native applications on the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). Our goal is to simplify the life of developers working in the SAP ecosystem. We're abstracting the complexities of the SAP BTP and letting you focus on the application's business logic.
We continuously improve the SAP Cloud SDK in short release cycles to keep up with the enormous speed of changes in cloud development. By choosing the SAP Cloud SDK, you also choose a curated set of standards and development best practices allowing for a resilient, agile, and streamlined software delivery process. To make sure you get a kick start into developing with the SAP Cloud SDK, we regularly update this documentation and run community events.
Welcome on board!
Benefits & Capabilities
- A set of pregenerated type-safe client libraries for various SAP published OData and REST services for convenient consumption and bullet-proof developer experience.
- Robust connectivity abstractions for SAP Business Technology Platform for convenient management of destinations, authentication, multitenancy, CSRF, e-tags, and more.
- A tailor-made type-safe client code generator for OData services that seamlessly integrate with other SAP Cloud SDK value-adds.
- A type-safe client code generator for REST services that wraps the open-source generator with custom code templates to make it deeply integrated with other SAP Cloud SDK features.
- An easy-to-use CLI with code scaffolding capabilities.
- A pre-configured CI/CD pipeline to set you on the best DevOps practices from the get-go.
- Modular design and high-level of extensibility
- Advanced cloud-native development patterns like resilience, caching, inherent multitenancy, etc.
- Support in Business Application Studio
- First-class documentation and support
Well-Integrated With the SAP Cloud Development Ecosystem
The SAP Cloud SDK is well-integrated with other SAP products and services like:
- Cloud Application Programming model (CAP)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud and On-premise
- SAP API Business Hub
- SAP SuccessFactors
- SAP Sales Cloud
- SAP Fieldglass
- SAP Concur
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Business Technology Platform
- Deploy with Confidence
In the next chapter, you'll learn how to generate a type-safe client for any SAP service and start using the benefits of the SAP Cloud SDK.
Your Own SAP Cloud SDK
Thanks to code generator capabilities, the SAP Cloud SDK is compatible with almost any other product that you want to integrate with.
It gives a lot of advantages and instant access to the SAP Cloud ecosystem for developers. The SAP Cloud SDK helps you to integrate your apps or build extensions for SAP products.
Flavors of SAP Cloud SDK
We actively develop and maintain every component of the SAP Cloud SDK to ensure the highest quality and seamless integration with other SAP solutions.