Slider with Tooltip
Disabled Slider with Tickmarks and Labels
Slider Tooltip, Tickmarks and Labels
OverviewThe Slider component represents a numerical range and a handle (grip). The purpose of the component is to enable visual selection of a value in a continuous numerical range by moving an adjustable handle.
StructureThe most important properties of the Slider are:
- min - The minimum value of the slider range
- max - The maximum value of the slider range
- value - The current value of the slider
- step - Determines the increments in which the slider will move
- showTooltip - Determines if a tooltip should be displayed above the handle
- showTickmarks - Displays a visual divider between the step values
- labelInterval - Labels some or all of the tickmarks with their values.
UsageThe most common usecase is to select values on a continuous numerical scale (e.g. temperature, volume, etc. ).
ui5-slidercomponent adjusts to the size of its parent container by recalculating and resizing the width of the control. You can move the slider handle in several different ways:
- Drag and drop to the desired value
- Click/tap on the range bar to move the handle to that location
ES6 Module Import
You can use both properties and attributes with the same effect. The name of each attribute is listed below the name of the property, if different.
Note: The step and tickmarks properties must be enabled. Example - if the step value is set to 2 and the label interval is also specified to 2 - then every second tickmark will be labelled, which means every 4th value number.
Note: The step must be a positive number.
Note: If set to 0 the slider handle movement is disabled. When negative number or value other than a number, the component fallbacks to its default value.
This Web Component fires semantic events upon user interaction. You can bind to these events with the standard DOM APIs, such as