SAP Cloud Application Programming Model is widely used to build cloud services within SAP.
- CAP uses some of Cloud SDK features to deliver the best user experience out of the box
- OData V4 helpers
- Cloud Foundry abstractions
- Un-typed Odata client
- You can consume CAP based services with SAP Cloud SDK by generating a compatible client
- CAP and Cloud SDK can be used together to leverage benefits from both platforms
- CAP and Cloud SDK have many features in common as well as unique ones. Feel free to approach us to get a recommendation for your specific project.
Check out our quick guide about getting started with the SDK for Java in a CAP project.
Another option is a step-by-step tutorial to help you jump-start use of the SAP Cloud SDK for Java with CAP.
The SAP Cloud Application Programming Model is an open and opinionated, framework of languages, libraries, and tools for building enterprise-grade services and applications. It guides developers through proven best practices and a great wealth of out-of-the-box solutions for recurring tasks.
CAP-based projects benefit from a primary focus on domain. Instead of delving into overly technical disciplines, we focus on accelerated development, and safeguarding investments in a world of rapidly changing cloud technologies.
CAP is recommended for:
- Building APIs (OData, REST, Messaging)
- Consuming and emitting Enterprise Messages for S/4HANA
Learn more about CAP from the official documentation