The SAP Cloud SDK is a versatile set of libraries and tools for developers to build applications in a cloud-native way and host them on SAP Cloud Platform or other runtimes.
- A set of pre-generated type-safe client libraries for various SAP published OData and REST services for convenient consumption and bullet-proof developer experience.
- Robust connectivity abstractions for SAP Cloud Platform for convenient management of destinations, authentication, multitenancy, CSRF, e-tags, and more.
- A tailor-made type-safe client code generator for OData services that seamlessly integrate with other SAP Cloud SDK value-adds.
- A type-safe client code generator for REST services that wraps the open-source generator with custom code templates to make it deeply integrated with other SAP Cloud SDK features.
- An easy-to-use CLI with code scaffolding capabilities.
- A pre-configured CI/CD pipeline to set you on the best DevOps practices from the get-go.
- Modular design and high-level of extensibility
- Advanced cloud-native development patterns like resilience, caching, inherent multitenancy, etc.
- Support in Business Application Studio
- First-class documentation and support
The SAP Cloud SDK is well-integrated with other SAP products and services like:
- Cloud Application Programming model (CAP)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud and On-Premise
- SAP API Business Hub
- SAP SuccessFactors
- SAP Sales Cloud
- SAP Fieldglass
- SAP Concur
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Cloud Platform
- Deploy with Confidence
In the next chapter, you'll learn how to generate a type-safe client for any SAP service and start using the benefits of the SAP Cloud SDK.
Thanks to code generator capabilities, the SAP Cloud SDK is compatible with almost any other product that you want to integrate with.
It gives a lot of advantages and instant access to the SAP Cloud ecosystem for developers. The SAP Cloud SDK helps you to integrate your apps or build extensions for SAP products.
We actively develop and maintain every component of the SAP Cloud SDK to ensure the highest quality and seamless integration with other SAP solutions.