By providing versatile and reliable core functionality to aid modern cloud development SAP Cloud SDK also becomes an important integration layer for various SAP technologies. To leverage this and benefit developers using SDK, we accept contributions from libraries and services coherent with SDK's mission and value proposition.
We make sure extension libraries are well integrated into the Cloud SDK's ecosystem and call them extensions to make it clear they are not the core SDK components. It doesn't make the features introduced by them less valuable for a developer. These extensions are usually shipped in separate packages similar to libraries generated from API definitions.
Usually, with an extension, you get more than a nice API client but also a hand-crafted code specific to needs that go beyond calling and API.
Visit extension library in the left-side menu.
- More features and simplicity out of the box
- Well integrated with other SDK features like destination handling, multi-tenancy, resilience, caching, etc.
- Single initial support channel
- High code quality ensured by SDK Team
- Consistent APIs
- Detailed documentation by developers
At the moment only services and libraries from withing SAP can be contributed and released together with SAP Cloud SDK for Java.
- Increased adoption thanks to the huge SDK user base
- On-boarding to the best development practices
- Code reviews by the SDK Team
- High level of automation in the contribution process
- Ship your library to Maven Central with Cloud SDK
- Easy process to document your extension on the SDK's documentation portal
- maintain a library in SAP cloud ecosystem
- have a service in SAP cloud ecosystem that you believe will strengthen Cloud SDK offering and provides additional value to your customers by being part of Cloud SDK
- know of a service or library within SAP that you would like to use in the context of SAP Cloud SDK
We're happy to hear from you via email: email@example.com or reach out to us via SAP internal communication channels.
What if you're outside of SAP
If you're outside of SAP but know about valuable library or service missing from SAP Cloud SDK offering, please, let us know.
We hope you're happy developing with SAP Cloud SDK for Java. We're happy to hear back from you to help us further improve. Send you feedback, ideas, suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org