What is an openSAP course?
openSAP is an Enterprise MOOC platform for massive open online courses (aka. MOOCs) provided by SAP. Everyone can enroll in openSAP courses, which are provided free of charge. The course duration is six weeks and the lectures are delivered through videos on the openSAP website. Additionally, we have created this GitHub page with detailed step-by-step instructions including some hints, tips and tricks for different operating systems that didn’t fit in the video. At the beginning of each week, we will update this site and add the new tutorials.
Optionally, as a part of the openSAP course, students may take exams at the end of each week and in a final exam at the end of the course. If you pass the exams, you will be awarded an openSAP Certificate that may even be added to your LinkedIn profile.
Note: Even though the course is now closed, you can still access the videos and PDFs in self-paced mode. If you didn’t get the opportunity to earn a record of achievement during the scheduled course time and would like to do so, you can reactivate the assignments and final exam by purchasing a reactivation code at SAP Store for €39. Find out more about openSAP reactivation codes.
- Starting from: January 11, 2017, 09:00 UTC
- Duration: 6 weeks (4 - 6 hours per week)
- Final exam: February 22, 2017, 9:00 UTC – March 2, 2017, 9:00 UTC
SAP S/4HANA is a real-time ERP suite for digital business. Built on SAP’s advanced in-memory platform, SAP HANA, it offers a personalized, consumer-grade user experience with SAP Fiori. SAP HANA Cloud Platform is an open standards-based, in-memory platform-as-a-service (PaaS) designed for today’s increasingly networked, mobile, social and data-driven world. SAP HANA Cloud Platform is available to enable companies to build their own extensions and adapt standard business software to their needs.
This latest openSAP course on SAP HANA Cloud Platform provides you with essential knowledge and typical scenarios for extending SAP S/4HANA on-premise with SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Based on an end-to-end business scenario, you’ll learn how to design and implement your own working prototypes and experience first-hand just how easy it is to extend SAP S/4HANA on-premises without impacting your existing SAP S/4HANA back-end system.
Each week will focus on the delivery of a new extension as part of a corporate procurement scenario. By the end of the course, you’ll have all SAP S/4HANA extensions up and running in your own SAP HANA Cloud Platform trial account.
After an initial introduction to typical scenarios and architectures, you’ll work on extension development projects on SAP HANA Cloud Platform and
- set up integration using SAP HANA Cloud Connector and SAP HANA Cloud Platform, OData provisioning
- integrate your SAP S/4HANA extensions with real back-end data using replication, OData APIs, and remote function modules
- discover how to create an even more engaging user experience using SAP Web IDE and SAP Fiori, cloud edition
- learn about analytical scenarios on SAP HANA Cloud Platform with SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- find out how to use collaborative scenarios with SAP Jam
- have the opportunity to use mobile SAP Fiori hybrid Web applications to support mobile scenarios
- learn about Internet of Things (IoT) scenarios supported by SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- Application developers
- IT Solution architects
- IT administrators
- IT Project leads
- System Requirements:
- 64 bit Windows / Mac OS
- min. 8 GB RAM (better: 16 GB RAM)
- min. 100 GB available disk space
- Basic programming skills, ideally in Java, HTML5, SAP HANA
- Basic knowledge of how to use an Eclipse development environment
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform extended knowledge – or openSAP course SAP HANA Cloud Platform Essentials
Troubleshooting & Help
If you get stuck at any point and require assistance, we recommend that you consult our troubleshooting guide, where we will provide some tips and tricks on how you might resolve these issues yourself. We will constantly update this guide. If all else fails, please join us in the openSAP discussion forums for this course, where we will answer all of your questions and provide further assistance.