Welcome, dear readers!
This documentation accompanies the book Extending SAP S/4HANA. Side-by-Side Extensions with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK published by SAP Press. It is meant to be a companion website for readers of the book. To this end, the following pages contain an explanation how to get and navigate the source code for the example application described in the book, as well as additional information. The website does not explain what is already described in the book. All explanations assume that you are familiar with the corresponding content of the book.
Good luck and enjoy!
Table of Contents
This documentation contains the following pages. The numbers behind each item in the table of contents refer to the book chapters which reference the respective content.
- Setup: how to setup and prepare your computer [Chapter 4.1]
- Source code repository: how to retrieve and navigate the source code for the Business Partner Address Manager application [All chapters, starting from Chapter 4]
- Dummy OData service: how to launch a dummy OData service and use it as a substitute of an SAP S/4HANA system for the purposes of the book [4.2]
- Frontend code: where to get the code for the frontend [4.3]
- Blacklist chaincode in Go: where to get the chaincode for the Blacklist Blockchain and how to package it [17.3]
- Custom logic in ABAP: where to get the ABAP code used for custom logic in in-app extensions 
- Errata: what has changed since the writing of the book [All chapters]
More Information and Contact
You can find more information in the tutorial series of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK.
In case of questions, please reach out to us and the community on Stack Overflow (tag:
Copyright (c) 2018 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. This file is licensed under the Apache Software License, v. 2 except as noted otherwise in the LICENSE file of the GitHub repository.